Today is Friday, June 3, 2022. Thinking, “How can I share some joy today?”
A quote by Rumi. “When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”
Photo by Scott Carroll
Finding Joy in June. For the second half of the year, let’s focus on ways we can find joy. Being joyful can extend your life, relieve stress, and pain, and promote a healthy lifestyle.
Spreading joy brings joy to others and to you as well.
- Say “Good Morning” to your coworkers
- Hold the door open for someone
- Send a nice email to a colleague
- Smile and appreciate another
- Help someone with their garden
- Share an uplifting story
- Plant a tree in honor of someone special
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Listen to your breath as you continue to breathe deeply. Allow yourself to pause your activity and just listen and feel your breath moving in and out of your body.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP