Today is Wednesday, June 1, 2022. Today is the start of the second half of 2022.
A quote by John Keates. “A thing of beauty is a joy forever.”
Photo by Kedar Gadge
Finding Joy in June. As we start the second half of the year, let’s focus on ways we can find joy. Being joyful can extend your life, relieve stress and pain, and promote a healthy lifestyle.
Start your day with joy:
- Put on your favorite outfit
- Wear perfume or cologne
- Try a new hair style
- Wear jewelry—accessorize
- Try a new shade of lipstick
- Put on some fun socks
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Listen to your breath as you continue to breathe deeply. Allow yourself to pause your activity and just listen and feel your breath moving in and out of your body.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP