Today is Wednesday, April 27, 2022. Observing several wild turkeys persist as they fly short distances, working their way up the trees.
A quote by Abraham Lincoln, “To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.”
Photo taken by Piotr Figlarz
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Consider the ways you can include more nature into your life.
- Go to a park.
- Visit a nature conservatory, botanic garden or arboretum.
- Get digging in the garden.
- Bike, walk, jog, ride through a nature reserve.
- Swim in the lake.
- Watch the sun rise or set over the water.
- Stare at the stars.
- Surround yourself with plants in your home or office.
- Add nature scenes as your screen saver.
- Pause and just observe the trees and plants outside.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- With every refreshing breath cycle, think about an individual that you appreciate and send out positive energy and warmth to that individual.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP