Today is Monday, April 11, 2022. Being grateful, for the energy the sun brings.
A quote by Henry Ward Beecher. “The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world’s joy.”
Photo from pat138241
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Routines can help you continue to navigate your path of growth. Some ideas for our morning routine:
- As you open your eyes to start the day, start it with a positive thought. One positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.
- HYDRATE after you wake up, being well hydrated can offer an energy boost.
- Listen to your favorite uplifting music, create a “morning playlist”.
- Add a simple exercise routine, even if it is 5 or 10 minutes this can help to energize our body and day.
- Take a few moments to reflect, meditate, pray.
- Prioritize important tasks, don’t forget, self-care is an important task.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to belly breathe, inhale confidence, exhale doubt.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP