Today is Friday, April 1, 2022. Today begins the second quarter of the year.
A quote by: Martin Luther King, Jr. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step”.
Photo from pigphoto
April is about Springing forward. Let’s take some time to explore strategies and activities for continued growth. Optimizing sleep is a great way to recharge.
- Get exposure to sunlight during the day.
- Keep consistent sleep and wake times.
- Add physical activity to your day.
- Minimize exposure to electronic devices for one hour prior to sleep.
- Focus on Love.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to belly breath, visualize a lake or body of water. Connect to its vastness, connect to the waves on top and calmness beneath or connect to your favorite characteristic of the water.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP