Today is Wednesday, March 30, 2022. Adjusting to the early spring weather changes.
“Enough is a feast.” ~Buddhist Proverb
Photo from EJ Rodriquez
March is about opening up and fresh starts. This month, is about dreaming, planning, and setting up. Using gardening as analogy for living life, consider:
- How can you practice compassion and acceptance when things don’t go exactly as planned?
- How can you learn from and respond to changing circumstances?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to belly breath, visualize a lake or body of water. Connect to its vastness, connect to the waves on top and calmness beneath or connect to your favorite characteristic of the water.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP