Today is Friday, March 4, 2022. Happy to see the sun shining brightly.
A quote by Earl Nightingale, “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”
Photo from Nicole Siparsky, MD, Lake Michigan sunset in winter: reflections on snow covered sand dunes.
March is about opening up and fresh starts. This month, is about dreaming, planning and setting up. Using gardening as analogy for living life, consider:
- What do you want to see blossoming in your life? (It may help to review your reflections and visualizations from January)
- What do you want from your garden? Beautiful colors? Nourishment? Flavor enhancements? Appealing birds? Physical activity? Greenery? Learning?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Starting at your feet, on every inhale, stretch your body part. On every exhale, release.
- Work your way up your body with every breath cycle until you finish with your eyebrows.
- Smile if someone saw you stretching out your eyebrows. =)
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP