Today is Monday, March 7, 2022. Appreciating the first appearance of perennial plants and their gift of regeneration.
A quote by Amelia Earhart, “Never interrupt someone doing something you said couldn’t be done.”
Photo from Ronda Kimbrow
March is about opening up and fresh starts. This month, is about dreaming, planning, and setting up. Using gardening as analogy for living life, consider:
- As we often do this time of year in preparing for our spring plantings, we share seeds with fellow gardeners. What else can we share with others?
- What can I do now, that would enhance life in the next season?
- Could I do something now, that will prepare for something even better then?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to breath, imagine a beautiful mountain. Envision all the details you can, how stable it is, how it is grounded in the earth, its strength.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP