Today is Wednesday, March 2, 2022. Beginning a month of seasonal transitions, looking for evidence of the changing seasons.
A quote by Wayne Dyer, “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
Photo from pure julia
March is about opening up and fresh starts. This month, is about dreaming, planning and setting up. We will use gardening as an analogy for living life. Begin with a self reflection:
- How am I? How is my garden?
- What am I starting with? What is left from last season? What is new or different from previous?
- What is set up for the next season if I don’t do anything different?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Starting at your feet, on every inhale, stretch your body part. On every exhale, release.
- Work your way up your body with every breath cycle until you finish with your eyebrows.
- Smile if someone saw you stretching out your eyebrows. =)
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP