Today is Friday, March 11, 2022. Enjoying more hours of sunlight.
A quote by Jeffrey McDaniel. “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter, how they’re experts at letting things go.”
Photo from Raimo Lantelankallio
March is about opening up and fresh starts. This month, is about dreaming, planning, and setting up. Using gardening as analogy for living life, consider:
- How do you start your plants? Do they need to be started indoors? Special lights?
- Some plants flourish in the sun and some prefer the shade. What do you need to flourish?
- Do you have what you need?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to breath, imagine a beautiful mountain. Envision all the details you can, how stable it is, how it is grounded in the earth, its strength.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP