Today is Monday, February 28, 2022. As the shortest month closes, seeing what repeats and what stays the same.
A quote by Mary Oliver, “Said the river: imagine everything you can imagine, then keep on going.”
Photo from Marc Zimmer
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling it is a verb, an action. Reflect on love and caring.
- Who do you love? Who do you care for?
- Who loves you? Who cares for you?
- Who do you want to love? Who do you want to care for?
- What makes love possible? What makes it possible to care for you, for another?
- Consider allowing more connection to the opportunities for love and caring in your life.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Starting at your feet, on every inhale, stretch your body part. On every exhale, release.
- Work your way up your body with every breath cycle until you finish with your eyebrows.
- Smile if someone saw you stretching out your eyebrows. =)
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP