Today is Friday, February 18, 2022. Again, watching the clouds move through the sky; a new picture to see every day.
A quote by Anamika Mishra, “Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration.”
Photo, Lake Michigan coast in winter, by Nicole Siparsky, MD
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling it is a verb, an action. This week, see the love and caring around you.
- Recognize when a colleague, classmate or coworker does something kind for another.
- Notice the infinite ways humans demonstrate love and caring for one another- teaching, sharing, playing, listening, commiserating, cheering, recognizing, smiling, cleaning, cooking, creating, etc.
- Acknowledge the intentions and demonstrations of love and caring towards you and allow yourself to relish in them.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Place one hand on your chest over your heart, place the other hand on your forehead or belly; whichever you prefer.
- Breath in love.
- Exhale unwanted feelings or emotions.
- Smile at the love you give yourself 😊
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP