Today is Wednesday, February 16, 2022. Watching the clouds move through the sky; a new picture to see every day.
A quote by Mother Teresa. “The smile is the beginning of Love.”
Photo by: Jon Farmer
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling it is a verb, an action. This week, see opportunities to expand the love and caring around you in ordinary activities.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the grocery store line.
- In the parking lot, return someone’s grocery cart for them.
- Look at the cashier or bagger and thank them.
- If you see someone struggling to reach a product or lift something offer to help.
- Let someone else take the closer parking space.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Place one hand on your chest over your heart, place the other hand on your forehead or belly; whichever you prefer.
- Breath in love.
- Exhale unwanted feelings or emotions.
- Smile at the love you give yourself. 😊
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP