Today is Monday, February 14, 2022. Starting the week focused on Love.
A quote by Maria Popova, “The longer I live, the more deeply I learn that love — whether we call it friendship or family or romance — is the work of mirroring and magnifying each other’s light.”
Photo by: Dylan Burrill
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling it is a verb, an action. This week, see the love and caring around you.
- Watch a baby gazing at a parent lovingly.
- Witness a pet dog’s loving enthusiasm being together.
- Notice friends interacting in ways that demonstrate their love and caring for each other.
- Feel the warmth of someone genuinely smiling at you.
- Recognize some kind gesture between strangers – holding the door, picking up the dropped item, letting you go first.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Place one hand on your chest over your heart, place the other hand on your forehead or belly; whichever you prefer.
- Breath in love.
- Exhale unwanted feelings or emotions.
- Smile at the love you give yourself. 😊
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP