Today is Friday, February 11, 2022. Watching the remaining leaves flickering in the wind as the sky starts to illuminate.
A quote by Morrie Schwartz “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.”
Photo by: Arthur Hutterer
February is the month dedicated to Love. Love is not only a feeling it is a verb, an action. This week, we can practice ways to share love and cheer.
- Create a music playlist specifically for someone.
- Write a story for a child with the child as the hero feeling proud and loved.
- Share some favorite comics or jokes that allow a moment to smile and laugh.
- Make a list of thoughtful gift ideas for a loved one by thinking about what would make that person feel loved and appreciated.
- Set up a nature immersion date with a friend- a walk at the park, ride along nature trails, ski or swim away from it all.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need it – while waiting, before, after, or in between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Check in with yourself with a body scan.
- Start with your head and work your way down to your toes
- Notice each body part
- If you notice discomfort or tension in a body part, pause and offer the body part a soothing belly breath.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP