Today is Friday, January 21, 2022. Watching a duck diving in Lake Michigan, oblivious of the chill.
A quote by a Lupita Nyong’o, “What is fundamentally beautiful is compassion, for yourself and those around you.”
Photo of Lake Michigan Sand Dunes and Coastal Marsh in Winter by Nicole Siparsky, MD
With the launch of the New Year, for the month of January, we focus on clarifying and connecting with our vision for 2022.
A vision that shows you the future you want, can recharge your hope and excitement when you tap into it. It can provide you with encouragement to achieve goals, offer something to cling to when you experience fear, and provide a sense of pride when you see your vision manifest. This month, we enhance our vision for our personal life and our relationships.
For those challenging moments, return to a library of inspiration.
- Collect and add to a list of inspirational quotes.
- Create a scrapbook of photos that remind you of your vision.
- Keep a record of moments that count towards your vision to remind yourself of your progress.
- Organize an activating music playlist.
- Make a commitment to your vision and share it with a trusted person to share the journey with.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- When you inhale breath in your vision.
- When you exhale, exhale out the obstacles to your vision.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP