Today is Wednesday, January 19, 2022. Feeling invigorated by the fresh cool air.
A quote by a Zen Proverb “Obstacles don’t block the path; they are the path.”
Photo of K2 by Ghulam Hussain
With the launch of the New Year, for the month of January, we focus on clarifying and connecting with our vision for 2022.
A vision that shows you the future you want, can recharge your hope and excitement when you tap into it. It can provide you with encouragement to achieve goals, offer something to cling to when you experience fear, and provide a sense of pride when you see your vision manifest. This month, we enhance our vision for our personal life and our relationships.
As we continue to explore our vision for 2022, let’s examine our path towards our vision; every obstacle you face will bring you one step closer to your vision.
- How do I define success?
- What boundaries have I set and are they working?
- What is one fear I want to overcome?
- How did I overcome difficult obstacles in the past?
- What do I need to hear right now? Talk to yourself with a compassionate heart.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- When you inhale breath in your vision.
- When you exhale, exhale out the obstacles to your vision.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP