Today is Monday, January 24, 2022. Practicing the appreciation of the cold temperatures, even when waking up.
A quote by a Khalil Gibran, “Kindness is like snow-It beautifies everything is covers.”
Photo by Dustin Bowdige
The New Year is launched. Hello, 2022! Continuing to refine and connect with the vision to light the path. This month is about what we want in our personal life and our relationships.
In the midst of January, some feelings can feel amplified or dulled. There might be more or less interactions with others. There are opportunities for deeper self-reflection and deeper connections with others. Identify all the ways you can make the most of this time of year to connect with yourself and others, in ways that are in alignment with your vision.
- Journal, or read previous journal entries.
- Watch the flames flicker in the fireplace.
- Listen to the waves.
- Wrap up in a cozy blanket and write.
- Snuggle together and talk about the fun little things of the day.
- Take a brisk walk outside.
- Experiment with a new recipe.
- Share a nourishing meal.
- Drink a soothing beverage.
- Watch a movie together.
- Read and discuss an interesting book.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Inhale as you reach your arms overhead high and stretch up.
- Exhale as you hinge at the hips with soft knees and let the arms dangle down, releasing the neck.
- Continue breathing as you slowly curl back up until upright and roll the shoulders back and smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
One thought on “Monday, January 24”