Today is Monday, January 17, 2022. Today we celebrate the birth, life and vision of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
A quote by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. “If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream.”
Photo by: Davide Cantelli
With the launch of the New Year, for the month of January, we focus on clarifying and connecting with our vision for 2022.
A vision that shows you the future you want, can recharge your hope and excitement when you tap into it. It can provide you with encouragement to achieve goals, offer something to cling to when you experience fear, and provide a sense of pride when you see your vision manifest. This month, we enhance our vision for our personal life and our relationships.
As we continue to explore our vision for 2022, today, let’s reflect on our vision for Peace, Love and Hope.
- Consider extending an apology to someone you had a misunderstanding with.
- Express gratitude
- Take some time to get to know someone new.
- Volunteer your time.
- Shovel someone’s snow.
- Pick up groceries for a neighbor.
- Walk someone’s dog for them.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- When you inhale breath in your vision.
- When you exhale, exhale out the obstacles to your vision.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP