Today is Friday, January 14, 2022. Reflecting on the gifts a balance point can bring.
A quote by Nido Qubein: “Your present circumstances don’t determine where you can go. They merely determine where you start.”
Photo by: Deniz Altindas
With the launch of the New Year, this January, focus on clarifying and connecting with your vision for 2022.
A vision that shows you the future you want, can recharge your hope and excitement when you tap into it. It can provide you with encouragement to achieve goals, offer something to cling to when you experience fear, and provide a sense of pride when you see your vision manifest. This month, we enhance our vision for our personal life and our relationships.
Let’s spend this week reflecting on our vision of health for 2022. Consider the following journal prompts:
- The most important thing for my health right now is:
- 5 reasons I want to focus on my health:
- What activities make me feel alive?
- What can I do to integrate enjoying life and promoting my health?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Massage your left hand starting with your palms, then work your way to the ends of each finger.
- Massage your right hand the same way.
- Clasp your hands together, then release and shake out your hands and let your hands be loose.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP