Today is Friday, August 6, 2021. Enjoying the season and the delicious vegetables from the garden.
This August we will focus on building and strengthening connections. Making connections can lower stress and contribute to longevity. This first week of August we will explore connecting to peace. Today, we will look at connecting to natural surroundings for peace.
- Look out over the water, the field, the woods, the mountains, the trees and breathe.
- Gaze at the sky and watch how it changes over a period of time.
- Dig in the dirt and notice the soil’s moisture, the textures, and the living organisms as you add a plant or tree to the earth.
- Watch the sun rise or set and see the various colors change.
Photo by Dan Deziel, “Subtle Dusk”
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote from Love Actually, “To me, you are perfect.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Repeat positive affirmations throughout your day, while smiling to
- My mind is peaceful.
- I choose to act and react peacefully.
- I illuminate peace around me.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP