Today is Friday, July 23, 2021. Connecting to the love and kindness all around, every day.
July marks the start of the second half of the year and a time to add sparkle to our days. This week, we explore rekindling a romance with something you loved in the past. Social connections can improve our immune system and longevity.
- Join a social club that focuses on issues important to you.
- Host a get-to-know-your-neighbors evening.
- Volunteer with others to increase the beauty of the neighborhood.
- Plan a game night with family and friends.
Photo by: Bharathi Kannan
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Dorothea Benton Frank. “Dreams made your eyes sparkle over the possibilities of doing something new and exciting.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Slowly, turn your head side to side five times each side.
- Gently, release your neck, look up, muscles chin up for a full, deep breath in and out, and then look down, chin down for a full, refreshing breath in and out.
- You are all good.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP