Today is Monday, July 12, 2021. A change of pace this morning, increasing motivation for fitness progress.
July marks the start of the second half of the year and a time to add sparkle to our days. This week let’s intentionally start each day with sparkle. Today, begin to focus on the different ways that help the day start off with sparkle. Start a list and pick one or two to try in the morning. Here are some ideas.
- Start the day with a huge smile and consider what opportunities for learning you have today.
- In honor of your body and health, start your day with movement such as sun salutations, a walk or run, an invigorating workout, or stretching routine.
- Recite your purpose, mission or intentions for the day.
Photo of a bromeliad at the Garfield Conservatory in Chicago, by Nicole Siparsky, M.D.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Maya Angelou, “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- On an inhale, reach your arms up like you are making the letter “V.” Stretch tall, look far out, feel your core.
- Breath out and release your arms so they are relaxed and dangling and let your shoulders sink.
- Roll your shoulders forward and then reverse roll. Turn your neck side to side gently and you are good to go.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP