Today is Wednesday, July 14, 2021. Midweek recharge with a brisk walk, appreciating the ducklings staying close together, swimming proudly.
July marks the start of the second half of the year and a time to add sparkle to our days. This week, we continue to focus on intentionally starting each day with sparkle. Today, add sparkle by generating positivity. Add to the list and pick one or two to try in the morning. Here are some ideas.
- Send out a positive note to someone you know.
- Express gratitude to someone you see or interact with early in the day.
- Listen to upbeat music as you get ready for the day.
Photo by: The Peaceful Surgeon
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by soccer player, Tim Howard, “Winning is fun, but those moments that you can touch someone’s life in a very positive way are better.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- On an inhale, reach your arms up like you are making the letter “V.” Stretch tall, look far out, feel your core.
- Breath out and release your arms so they are relaxed and dangling and let your shoulders sink.
- Roll your shoulders forward and then reverse roll. Turn your neck side to side gently and you are good to go.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP