Today is Friday, July 9, 2021. Reflecting on the supports we have, people, places or things
July marks the start of the second half of the year. Let’s check in with ourselves this month to add some sparkle to the second half of the year. Utilize journaling to re-connect with your sparkle. Use these prompts to check in:
- What do I most love to do?
- What am I curious about?
- What work do I do that does not feel like work?
- What do I want to read more about?
- What am I doing when I am having so much fun, I forget the time?
Photo by: Victor Malyushev
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Albert Einstein. “A mind that opens to a new ides never returns to its original size.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- While breathing, bring your attention to something that has brought you joy, a baby’s face, friends, family, a garden, the ocean.
- While focused on joy, feel the smile on your face and send that loving smile throughout your body.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP