Today is Wednesday, July 7, 2021. Walking, smiling, observing the beauty around us.
July marks the start of the second half of the year. Let’s check in with ourselves this month to add some sparkle to the second half of the year. Consider ways to add sparkle to your walking routine.
- Invite someone new to walk with you.
- Join a walking club.
- Try a new walking route.
- Walk at a different time of day to get a different perspective.
- Listen to a different genre of music on your walk.
- Listen to book or podcast while you walk.
Photo by: Zack Silver
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Thich Nhat Hanh “Walk as if you are kissing the earth with your feet.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- While breathing, bring your attention to something that has brought you joy, a baby’s face, friends, family, a garden, the ocean.
- While focused on joy, feel the smile on your face and send that loving smile throughout your body.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP