Today is Monday, July 5, 2021. Sitting quietly, smiling about all the positive things that have happened today 🙂
July marks the start of the second half of the year. Let’s check in with ourselves this month to add some sparkle to the second half of the year. Smiling can enhance our mood, boost the immune system, and lower our stress.
- Say hello with a smile.
- Hold the door for a stranger while smiling.
- Send someone a handwritten note to say hello.
- Bring someone flowers –just because. Watch them smile.
Photo by: Nicole Siparsky, M.D.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by William Arthur Ward, “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- While breathing, bring your attention to something that has brought you joy, a baby’s face, friends, family, a garden, the ocean.
- While focused on joy, feel the smile on your face and send that loving smile throughout your body.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP