Today is Monday, May 10, 2021. Every new day bring us an opportunity to honor and remember our loved ones.
During the month of May, we are focusing on routines. Routines can anchor us, decrease stress, foster creativity, prioritize self-care, and allow time to pursue our passions! This week we will look at before bed routines.
Calming bedtime routines prepare the body and mind for rest.
- Turning off electronics-phone, computer, TV- at least one hour before bed.
- Dim the lights.
- Instead of phone, computer, or TV time, listen to music, read a book, or journal.
Photo by: Clay Banks
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Dalai Lama, “Sleep is the best meditation.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Wherever you are, pause, and notice everything that you are hearing: laughter, birds, cars, music….
- Take another deep breath and continue on.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP