Today is Wednesday, May 5, 2021. The winds are blowing fostering a change in weather.
During the month of May, we are focusing on routines. Routines can anchor us, decrease stress, foster creativity, prioritize self-care, and allow time to pursue our passions! For the first week we will look at our wake- up routine.
After waking and drinking water, take a moment to orient your mind and visualize a successful day.
- What do you appreciate? Keep a running list.
- What are the 3 most important things you want to accomplish today? Write them down.
- Think of at least 3 specific people to send out your loving kindness to.
Photo by: Dan Deziel, “May Day”
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Thich Nhat Hanh. “Waking up this morning, I smile. 24 brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Wherever you are, pause, and notice everything in your favorite color.
- Take another deep breath and continue on.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP