Today is Monday May 3, 2021. Lily of the Valley is the birth flower for May. It represents the return to happiness and sweetness.
During the month of May, we will focus on routines. Routines can anchor us, decrease stress, foster creativity, prioritize self-care, and allow time to pursue our passions! For the first week we will look at our wake- up routine, beginning today with water.
- During sleep we are not able to hydrate, so it’s important to rehydrate with water soon after we wake.
- Adequate hydration is essential for concentration and focus. Grab a cup or reusable water bottle to make it easy to stay hydrated all day long.
- Consider a cooler shower, it will energize you and get your ready for the day.
Photo by: Jeffrey Hamilton
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Eleanor Roosevelt: “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Wherever you are, pause, and notice everything in your favorite color.
- Take another deep breath and continue on.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP