Today is Friday, April 30, 2021. The water flows, the grass is green, there are flowers everywhere and active animals making the most of it.
Ascending through April. Sharing experiences of joy can bring about a shared smile. Enjoy it together.
- Share a favorite photo. Add a quote or story or caption.
- Share a new taste experience via a recipe, tea, spice.
- Share a favorite book or movie or game.
- Share a funny story.
- Share an accomplishment or reason for celebration.
- Share a new favorite restaurant or shop.
- Share a simple greeting to check in with a colleague, classmate, friend, loved one.
Photo by: Hans Isaacson
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Mae Jemison, “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- If you want to release tension, try the STOP technique taught in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses.
- Take a Breath
- Open and Observe
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP