Today is Wednesday, April 21, 2021. The birds are returning to the North to settle in for the summer.
Ascending through April. Changing your routine can enable you to view things differently.
- Make dinner in the morning so you have more time to connect at the end of the day.
- Use a different scented soap in the shower and see how it changes your senses.
- Take a different walking route, maybe just on the other side of the street. Notice how this changes your perspective.
- Try a new flavor of tea or put some lemon or lime in your water.
Photo by: Yoksel Zok
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Kakuzo Okakura. “The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surrounding”.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Bring your focus to your hands and release the muscles in your hands.
- Next, bringing your hands together, gently squeeze each fingertip, one by one, until you have connected with each finger.
- Being present, smile to yourself.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP