Today is Monday, April 19, 2021. Every week, new blooms appear, wondering what new blooms have you seen?
Ascending through April. A good night’s rest can help many things including: improved memory, boosting our mood and elevating athletic performance. Consider the following to improve your sleep:
- Consistent sleep and wake time.
- Get exposure to natural sunlight during the day.
- Turn off your electronics at least one hour before bedtime.
- Consider a bedtime body scan meditation.
Photo by: Kazuo Ota
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Vincent van Gogh “I dream my painting and then I paint my dream.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Bring your focus to your hands and release the muscles in your hands.
- Next, bringing your hands together, gently squeeze each fingertip, one by one, until you have connected with each finger.
- Being present, smile to yourself.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP