Today is Wednesday, April 14, 2021. Midweek pause, listening to the loud ducks, appreciating the bright spring flowers. Aah.
Ascending through April. Schedule time for self-reflection, to raise personal awareness and connect with yourself, a Refresh.
Practice Self Reflection and Refresh through journaling. Consider the following prompts.
- What went well today, what didn’t go well today?
- What negative mindsets can I let go of?
- What are my strengths for achieving my dreams?
Photo by: Fran Lee
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Thich Nhat Hanh, ”Choose to be in touch with what is wonderful, refreshing, and healing within yourself and around you.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in and out deeply, calm your mind and say, “Calm mind.”
- Breathe in and out deeply, let tension flow out your arms and say, “Peaceful body.”
- Breathe in and out deeply, radiate kindness and say, “Kind heart.”
- Smile and go forward.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP