Today is Monday, April 12, 2021. Wondering whether to drink tea or coffee. Starting the week with an open heart and open mind.
Ascending through April. Practicing Creative Visualization to move towards your dreams and aspirations and goals.
- Choose your aspiration or goal, maybe you want to win a running race, a job promotion, a new garden.
- Create a clear picture in your mind—see yourself winning the race, see yourself reading the job offer, see yourself feeling happy after achieving your goal.
- Focus on it regularly—think about your aspiration often, in a loving and compassionate manner, avoiding judgement.
- Send it positive energy.
Photo by: Fran Lee
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We share our humaneness. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Buddha. “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in and out deeply, calm your mind and say, “Calm mind.”
- Breathe in and out deeply, let tension flow out your arms and say, “Peaceful body.”
- Breathe in and out deeply, radiate kindness and say, “Kind heart.”
- Smile and go forward.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP