Today is Monday, February 15, 2021. On this day in 1564, the Italian Astronomer and mathematician, Galileo was born.
An inspirational quote by Oprah Winfrey, “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”
February Feelings. While this month can – at times – feel cold in places where it is winter, inside, we can be glowing with kindness. Showing kindness towards yourself and others can be an expression of love.
Discover ways to experience peace and comfort and warm feelings towards anybody you are interacting with or spending time with, including yourself. Setting any thoughts of judgement aside, access that feeling of kindness for yourself and others. Allow that connection with the deeply human feelings and share it.
Photo by Kristopher Roller
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Focus your attention on your right great toe. Tap it up and down.
- Shift your focus to your right elbow and notice where your elbow is.
- Glide your focus to the center of your chest and breathe in peace and breathe out what you no longer need.
- Continue to breathe in peace and breathe out what you no longer need, for as long as you like.
- Smile when you are ready to move forward.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am open to myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I appreciate myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP