Today is Monday, February 8, 2021. A deep freeze and bright snow in many parts. Brilliant contrast for photos.
An inspirational quote, “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” ~Dalai Lama
February Feelings. While this month can – at times – feel cold in places where it is winter, inside, we can be glowing with compassion.
Find opportunities to demonstrate compassion towards yourself and others. Listen, reflect, observe, and connect with love and kindness. Practice awareness and responding thoughtfully from a place of love and kindness. While it is often easier to show compassion to others, allow yourself the same love and kindness.
Photo by Denys Nevozhai
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Try a “R.A.I.N.” practice to help clarify emotions:
- R—Recognize that you are experiencing emotions
- A—Allow the feelings to be there
- I—Investigate how these feelings are being manifested in your body
- N—Non-judgmental—our feelings are not right or wrong, it is simply where we are at right now.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am open to myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I appreciate myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP