Today is Friday, January 8, 2021. Focusing on the boost from walking outdoors even in colder weather. Accepting the weather as it comes and adjusting plans accordingly.
An inspirational quote by Rosa Parks. “Each person must live their life as a model for others.”
The Joy of January. This is a symbolic month to launch a new year to lay the foundation for a brighter future.
Fridays can be days for reflection and releasing. Pause and review the past week. What did you feel good about? When did you smile? Who added laughter into your life?
Photo by Casey Horner
Use this Mindfulness Activity to calm your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in Energy & Generate vibrations.
- Take a deep breath in, feeling your lungs expand.
- When you breath out, smile and hum loudly. Feel the vibrations in your neck.
- Repeat 2 times and notice those vibrations rippling outward. Smile to yourself.
Recharge yourself and spread love when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can. I am aware of myself and others, and I belong to a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all connected. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP