Today is Friday, December 18, 2020. In December 1903, Wilbur Wright flew the first airplane for 59 seconds over is distance of 852 feet
Delights in December. This month use the Daily Gift of Vitality, to allow a moment to pause and connect with what delights you. We will provide prompts and ideas along the way.
Have a solo or virtual dance party. Explore different genres of music to dance to: Latin, Jazz, House, Disco, Rock and Roll. Remember, “Dance like no one is watching” and have fun!
An inspirational quote by Sharon Salzberg “You can explore the universe looking for somebody who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and you will not find that person anywhere.”
Photo by: David Clode
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am human. My mind, my body, and my spirit are connected, and I am a part of a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. As humans, we can create positive energy together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Flex and release your calf muscles, seated or standing.
- Lift your heels off the ground and feel your feet stretch and your calves tighten.
- Slowly release and flex your feet by bringing your toes up towards your shins. Feel the stretch in the calves. Then release and shake out each foot.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP