Today is Wednesday, December 16, 2020. Holly is one of the Flowers for the month of December. Holly symbolizes many different things to different groups, among them: inner strength, peace and good will.
Delights in December. This month use the Daily Gift of Vitality, to allow a moment to pause and connect with what delights you. We will provide prompts and ideas along the way.
Inviting joy and being captivated by an activity can bring Delight. Explore a new game you have never played.
- Board games like backgammon, checkers, chess, scrabble, Go
- Card games like solo, cribbage, hearts, bridge, solitaire
- Paper and pencil games like dots and boxes, hangman, tic tac toe, categories, sim
You can find instructions and free online or app versions of many of these games.
An inspirational quote by Isaac Asimov: “The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.”
Photo by: Airam Dato
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am human. My mind, my body, and my spirit are connected, and I am a part of a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. As humans, we can create positive energy together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Flex and release your calf muscles, seated or standing.
- Lift your heels off the ground and feel your feet stretch and your calves tighten.
- Slowly release and flex your feet by bringing your toes up towards your shins. Feel the stretch in the calves. Then release and shake out each foot.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP