Today, is Friday, April 10, 2020. There is much to appreciate and cherish today. The sounds outside are a shared experience.
While there is uncertainty and fear around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Moving through Knee to Chest
- While standing against a wall, sitting in a chair or laying on your back or side, bring one knee to your chest and curl and hug your knee. Breathe 3 belly breaths. Then gently release.
- Repeat with the other knee, hug, breathe 3 belly breaths, then gently release.
- Now, notice your circulation flowing throughout your refreshed body.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from –Mary Roach
“Heroism doesn’t always happen in a burst of glory. Sometimes, small triumphs and large hearts change the course of history.”
Photo of Snow Glories from Surgeon on a Walk in Humboldt Park
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP