Today, is Wednesday, April 15, 2020. The birds are nesting and the season advances. Temperatures fluctuate.
While there is uncertainty around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Experience your inner glow.
- Sit or stand comfortably. Laying down is fine too.
- Focus on a central place on your body that feels like your core right now. It may be your chest, your belly or your pelvis.
- Imagine a healing glowing light beginning there and spreading from that core to the rest of your body.
- Imagine that glow clearing and healing all the parts of your body as it radiates out.
- Smile to yourself and know that you can share that glow every time you smile at another.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Debasish Mridha
“If you think life is magical or life is hard, either way you are right. Your thoughts are the source of reality.”
Today’s Photo Shared by Dr. Jose Velasco, “Teton Mountains”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP