Today is Sunday, April 26, 2020. The sunrise is beautiful with so many colors.
While there is uncertainty around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Release your hips
- Sit on the floor, bring your feet together and let your knees bend out while you hold your feet. (Butterfly Pose)
- Gently, comfortably, bend forward over your feet.
- Feel the stretch as you take 3 deep belly breaths in and out.
- Slowly roll back up and straighten your spine and lengthen your neck.
- Release your feet and legs and loosely shake out your legs.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from John Lennon
“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP