Today, is Saturday, April 11, 2020. It is a beautiful day. The willow tree branches are swaying with their new green leaves.
While there is uncertainty and fear around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Experience the DaVinci Breath
- Either standing or laying on your back, put your arms up and out overhead and stand with legs out, making an “X” with your body’s arms and legs.
- Focus on lowering your shoulders while keeping the arms extended and take 2 deep belly breaths.
- Bring your palms together in front of your face, and lower them in front of you and release your hands to your sides.
- Turn palms out at your sides and smile and release.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration shared by Dr. Carl E. Lambert, a Quote from Maya Angelou:
“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP