Today is Monday, November 30, 2020. It is the beginning of the week and the end of the month. Getting back into the groove.
November is for nesting, nourishing, and nurturing. With changing seasons, nature reminds us to slow down and recharge in more quiet ways. As November is complete, with some holidays behind us, we find ways to continue to feel the connectedness with other loving beings and smile. Here’s a start. Add to the list and keep it handy.
- Talk to someone who is calming for you.
- Reach out to someone special.
- Play with a pet.
- Provide a charitable contribution.
- Send a warm note to someone you appreciate.
- Share reflections about what you have been thankful for.
- And of course, re-read the Daily Gift of Vitality.
An inspirational quote by John Joseph Powell, “It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.”
Photo by: Dan Deziel, “Awaiting Winter”
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am human. My mind, my body, and my spirit are connected, and I am a part of a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all human. We can create positive energy together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Open hands and rotate palms out and shake out and shimmy your shoulders. Smile.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP