Today is Monday, November 9, 2020. Topaz is the birthstone of November. It is a symbol of honor and strength.
November is for nesting, nourishing, and nurturing.
While the winter approaches in the northern hemisphere, nature reminds us to slow down and recharge in more quiet ways. As animals hibernate or move to warmer climates, we invite you to explore nourishing activities for your mind and body.
Do a Brain Dump at the end of the day or whenever your thoughts feel cluttered. Write down everything on your mind. A brain dump can help reduce stress and anxiety by resting those thoughts outside of your mind, allowing you to nourish yourself with fresh thoughts. You can choose to return to those thoughts at any time.
An inspirational Quote Will Rogers, “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.”
Photo by: Dan Deziel, “Autumn Carpet.”
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am human. My mind, my body, and my spirit are connected, and I am a part of a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all human. We can create positive energy together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Release your eye muscles with 3 breaths, allowing your eyes to rest.
- Loosen your jaw muscles and let your mouth and lips rest. Allow 3 breaths.
- Let your hands gently rest. Be present with yourself and enjoy this pause to refresh.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP