Today is Friday, June 24, 2022. Children’s laughter delights. It’s time for fun!
A quote by Dr. Seuss, “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
Photo by Martin Hristov
Finding Joy in June. As we start the second half of the year let’s focus on ways we can find joy.
Reading can provide a time for peace, quiet, adventure and exploration.
- Try a new genre: fiction, non-fiction, historical, travel, mystery, humor, science fiction, romance
- Read a book about a new hobby you would like to try
- Read a book about a hero who inspires you
- Read a book about a dream vacation
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Repeat positive affirmations throughout your day, while smiling:
- My mind is peaceful.
- I choose to act and react peacefully.
- I illuminate peace around me.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP