Today is Friday, June 17, 2022. Tapping into the excitement of a Friday.
A quote by Albert Einstein, “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
Photo by Dan Deziel
Finding Joy in June. As we start the second half of the year let’s focus on ways we can find joy.
- Put on your favorite music and dance!
- Take a walk or ride with a partner, friend, family member.
- Engage in an invigorating exercise class.
- Hike or bike with a group.
- Engage in a water sport on a sunny day.
- Work in the Community Garden or on a farm.
- Train for a charity walk/run/bike event.
- Build or paint something large that requires physical movement.
- Go horseback riding.
- Explore the outdoors with your dog.
- Swim laps meditatively.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Choose a centering word that is neutral to you and simple. You might choose “now” or “joy” or “peace.”
- As you exhale, say your chosen word. Focus on the vibration of the word as you hear it. Repeat.
- As you exhale and say your word, imagine dropping a smooth pebble in clear water and watch it settle gently on the bottom, relaxed and comfortable.
- Finally, as you continue your deep belly breaths, notice that the ripples on the water are gently gliding out. Repeat your word on every exhale until the ripples have settled.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP