Today is Wednesday, March 23, 2022. The birds are singing, welcoming spring.
An inspirational quote by Alfred Austin. “The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body but the soul.”
Photo from Nataba
March is about opening up and fresh starts. This month, is about dreaming, planning, and setting up. Using gardening as analogy for living life, consider:
- Regularly removing weeds from the garden supports growth.
- What steps can you take to nurture your plans and vision?
- How will you remember to nourish your garden?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Keeping your feet grounded and connected to the floor or earth, as you inhale, feel the energy from the ground lift you. As you exhale, feel your roots deepen and expand. Smile in appreciation for your strength and ability to grow :-).
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP