Today is Monday, March 21, 2022. Spring is here! What sights, sounds and smells of spring are you experiencing?
An inspirational quote by Jim Carrey. “Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn towards the light and that makes them beautiful.”
Photo from Cesar Llaneza Rodriguez
March is about opening up and fresh starts. This month, is about dreaming, planning, and setting up. Using gardening as analogy for living life, consider:
- Some plants are enhanced when we plant companion plants close by. Basil and Marigolds protect tomato plants.
- What enhances your growth?
- How often do you need to tend to your garden for it to thrive?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Keeping your feet grounded and connected to the floor or earth, as you inhale, feel the energy from the ground lift you. As you exhale, feel your roots deepen and expand. Smile in appreciation for your strength and ability to grow 🙂
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the Love and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP